Managerial Accounting (ABE L5)
Unit Title: Managerial Accounting
Unit Reference Number: D/502/4812
Guided Learning Hours: 160
Level: Level 5
Number of Credits: 18
Unit objective and aim(s):
This unit aims to give learners a comprehensive understanding of:
- The essential requirements of a managerial accounting system including control systems
- How to classify and analyse cost data according to the activity
- Costs for short-term decision making, marginal and absorption costing
- Budgetary control and working capital management
- Standard costing and variance analysis
- Capital investment project appraisal
Learning Outcomes .
- Understand the essential requirements of a management accounting system and the control systems required for materials, labour and overheads.
- Know how to classify and analyse cost data and understand how cost systems differ by activity, i.e. job, process and contract costing.
- Understand costs for short-term decision-making and know the difference between marginal and absorption costing.
- Understand the purpose of budgetary control including the purpose and importance of working capital management.
- Understand the purpose of standard costing and variance analysis.
- Know how to appraise capital investment projects.
- Assessment method: written examination (unless otherwise stated).
- Written examinations are of three hours’ duration.
- All learning outcomes will be assessed.
- Managerial Accounting – ABE Study Manual
No Reviews found for this course.