ICDL – Online Essentials – Base Module Unit
ICDL Base modules certify skills that are considered essential skills because they are crucial for anyone who uses a computer to possess. There are four units in the ICDL Base Module: Computer Essentials, Online Essentials, Word Processing, and Spreadsheets.
This module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to web browsing, effective information search, online communication and e-mail.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand web browsing and online security concepts.
- Use the web browser and manage browser settings, bookmarks, and web outputs.
- Search effectively for online information and critically evaluate web content.
- Understand key copyright and data protection issues.
- Understand concepts of online communities, communications and email.
- Send, receive e-mails and manage email settings.
- Organise and search emails and use calendars.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to understand the main concepts relating to web browsing and online security.
- Certifies best practice in effective online computer use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.